Definitions and interpretation
||collectively all information that you submit to Pylon Design Consultants Limited via this website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016;
||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
|Pylon Design Consultants Limited,
we or us
|Pylon Design Consultants Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 02622082 whose registered office is at 91 Church Road, Upper Norwood, London, SE19 2TA;
|UK and EU Cookie Law
||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
|User or you
||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Pylon Design Consultants Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Pylon Design Consultants Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
||the website that you are currently using, https://www.pylondesign.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Your Name
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Information you provide as part of an enquiry or brief.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, Pylon Design Consultants Limited is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit unless you request it’s deletion.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
- Pylon Design Consultants Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for Pylon Design Consultants Limited to communicate with the User. The providers of such services will have access to the email address and name supplied by Users of this Website, but only if the User has explicitly consented to this.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data for direct marketing purposes;
Functionality of the Website
- To contact Pylon Design Consultants Limited via the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Pylon Design Consultants Limited, where such Data is held.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal Data held by Pylon Design Consultants Limited, where such Data is held, also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. You can make such a request via email.
- Data security is of great importance to Pylon Design Consultants Limited and to protect your privacy, your Data is not stored on the website server database itself.
- Pylon Design Consultants Limited have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Pylon Design Consultants Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deactivate the placing of Cookies on the Website using your web browser’s settings; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- This Website is hosted on servers located in the United Kingdom.
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
- If we transfer Data outside the EEA in this way, we take steps to ensure the 3rd party data processor is an active member of the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework, ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as if covered by Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. You expressly agree to such transfers of Data.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
11 May 2018