Rathfern is a rich, vibrant and diverse community that develops its moral purpose through their core values. They believe that all of their pupils can become effective learners and achieve highly.
They have pioneered the development of ‘learning about learning’ (metacognition) across the school and are passionate about all their children’s learning and achievement. They are committed to providing precise support and challenges so that all of their pupils achieve at least national expectations, and beyond. They are an aspirational and inspirational school, committed to working with all their parents and carers to ensure the well-being and highest achievement of all their pupils.
In an effort to improve and increase parental engagement and communication, Pylon Design proposed the development of a bespoke smartphone application for the school.
Working in partnership with an App Development Team, Pylon Design have developed a smartphone app for iOS and Android for the school. Available from the App Store or Google Play, the app offers the following functionality;
- Auto-synchronises with the latest news and calendar events from the school website
- Allows listing and linking to School Policies
- Allows listing and linking to other school documents, newsletters and correspondence
- Sharing of news and events via Twitter and Facebook
- Image galleries
- Contact details
- Absence notification facility
- Ability for School to send out push notifications for free to class, year or whole school
- App content display translations into 60+ languages